Within our historic school we build upon the best of tradition combined with a modern approach. As a core part of the community, we provide a safe and healthy learning environment. We develop active learning through a fun, inspiring and challenging curriculum.We promote equal opportunities, valuing the skills and contributions of all individuals in our school. We encourage our children to become caring, responsible citizens, respecting all others through self discipline and kindness.
‘Everyone shining in their own field’
‘Everyone shining in their own field’ not only comes from the water meadows around Shinfield that give it the ‘shining field’ name, but also from our whole school approach to ensuring that each child does his or her best.
What we offer to you and your child…
- A welcoming, safe and happy environment in which each child is known and valued as an individual.
- High quality teaching and learning.
- An interesting, varied approach to learning that is hands-on, fun, lively and challenging.
- High expectations and positive reinforcement of good behaviour.
- Opportunities to have responsibilities in school, such as School Council.
- An influential and proactive Governing Body that plays an active part in school life
- Spacious, well-resourced teaching areas
- Attractive outdoor learning areas for your children to explore and learn in
- A friendly, successful and active PTA.
- A range of enrichment activities in and out of school hours.
- After school and breakfast clubs.
- Specialist music and PE lessons.
- A History Room, used by children and open to the public by appointment.
- Close links with the local community and participation in local activities such as the Shinfield May Day Run.